Friday, November 20, 2015

Its Time to Go to the (Nintendo Badge) Arcade

Image result for Nintendo Badge Arcade North America\

For about a week or so now, I've been addicted to Nintendo's latest 3DS app, Nintendo Badge Arcade. The app, basically, lets you get badges from a crane game and then place the badges of your 3DS bottom screen menu. Most of the badges do nothing. They are basically for decoration. There are some badges that'll take you to the eshop or things like that, but even those are just something to make your 3DS look cool. The crane game isn't always free though. You can win free turns via a practice crane game or the bunny in charge will give you free turns occasionally, but if you want to play the crane game a lot...you have to use real money.

Image result for Nintendo Badge Arcade North America

I haven't used real money yet though. I say yet because the temptation is always there to use real money. There are a lot of really cool badges and you can't always get as many of them as you want.

In fact, the crane game can be a little frustrating sometimes. It'll pick up something and then drop it. Kind of like a real crane game, you can have a hard time getting exactly what you want or anything at all. Sometimes, you do get really lucky though and accidently push some badges down into the hole to get them.

Image result for Nintendo Badge Arcade North America

But Nintendo Badge Arcade can feel like a ripoff sometimes. There have been days when I'll use my free turn and get nothing. Thats another reason I hesitate using money on this app. I worry that I'll use money to get some badges, won't get any at all, and there goes my money. Sure, five turns only costs $1 but still, a dollar is a dollar.

Nintendo Badge Arcade isn't for everybody. Not everyone will like putting the badges on their menu or like the crane game and how it feels like it cheats you sometimes. And certainly there will be people who NEVER use money on the app. I'm not sure if I'll be one of those or if I'll eventually give in and pay for some badges.

Image result for Nintendo Badge Arcade North America


Yes, Nintendo Badge Arcade is a gimmick. Yes it can be a ripoff. But its also a very addictive app and I play it every day. Oh and I have gotten some cool badges, such as a Triforce badge, some Animal Crossing badges, and some good Mario badges. I also like how you can put the badges directly on folders if you want or design them like you see above.

Nintendo Badge Arcade is free to download right now on the 3DS eshop. Be warned though, you may get addicted to it!

------------------------------------------------

All of the above pictures were taken from google here.

I'll be back on Monday! There will be no blog entry on Friday next week

No comments:

Post a Comment