Friday, July 10, 2015

Run For it!

Image result for Runbow Wii U

Do Or Do Not...

No, today's blog entry isn't about Star Wars. As you can see above, its about RUNBOW. I put that Star Wars quote there because it is one of many, many, many things you will see when you die in this game. And you'll probably die. Runbow is a fast paced and very tricky game. Or at least I should say its demo is fast paced and tricky cause thats all I've played of the game so far. As I said last week, Runbow was one of many games that saw a demo release for Nindies@Home. I got to the play the demo and....

I loved it!

Image result for Runbow Wii U

Runbow is full of sarcasm whether you win or lose. There's always a snarky comment waiting for you. The game is full of humor, action, adventure, and lots of running. I also really dig the art style.

Image result for Runbow Wii U

Runbow looks like the opening of a movie like Pink Panther, Catch Me If You Can or Honey I Shrunk the Kids. It has a very 50s/60s retro vibe. The characters are all cool looking, the backgrounds are simplistic and very fun to look at it. Though you won't have much time to stare at the background. You'll be running whether you play Run Mode or Adventure or any of the modes that weren't in the demo. The game seems to have a lot of modes. And as you can see in the picture above, you can play the game with multiple people! I did not get a chance to play the demo with somebody else. That said, the game is really fun by yourself.

 Image result for Runbow Wii U

Runbow has a really good soundtrack too. Even though it was the same song through the demo, I just couldn't help singing along with it and tapping my feet. The music, the gameplay, and the sarcasm all come together to create an excellent demo!

Although, it should be noted that the demo does have some framerate issues. Hopefully these will be ironed out in the full game.

You can tell that the Runbow demo isn't the complete game. This is just a small taste of whats in store for us! I mean, come on, Shovel Knight AND Rusty from Steamworld Dig are in the full game!! You gotta play it. I gotta play it too. Is it Runbow time yet?!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

All of the above pictures were taken from google here.

I'll be back on Monday. I'll talk about Two Tribes RIVE demo then!

No comments:

Post a Comment