Thursday, April 17, 2014

Tomodachi Life #2: The Mii's Might Need A Shrink


 
Note: The following is based on what I know about Tomodachi Life and not based on actual experience with the game. I apologize in advance for any errors in these blog entries.

Tomodachi Life blog #2: The Mii's Might Need a Shrink

      In Tomodachi Life, each Mii that you bring to your island will have their own personality. Before you put those Miis in the game, you have to assign personality traits to each of them.

     There are five categories that help define the personality of a Mii: Energy, Speech, Facial Expressions, Mood, and Overall. Instead of a slide bar, this time you have little buttons that you push one way or another to help lean a Mii toward one trait within these categories or another. Let me get into specifics about each category as much as I can.

   Energy is defined by two traits: Slow on the left and Quick on the right. How fast does your Mii move? Is he a laid back kind of guy (slow) or is he a fitness nut (Quick) ? He can also be somewhere in the middle. Now if your Mii will actually run around a lot if you go with the quick option, I have no idea. It'll be interesting to see how much the energy trait effects the game!

   Speech does seem to have an effect on the game. The two traits here are Caring on the left and Direct on the right. I saw a video where a Mii was a little rude to the player, so I suppose that would be in the Direct category (my House Mii will so be a Direct character. lol). A caring Mii, I guess, might worry if the player is getting enough sleep? I have no idea. It'll be interesting to find out!

   Facial Expressions are a big mystery to Mii. heh. I wonder if the Mii's facial expressions will really change a lot depending on these two traits. The traits are flat on the left and varied on the right. I suppose a very flat Mii would only have one expression all the time depending on their other personality traits. And an ultra varied Mii would show you many of the Mii facial expressions. I wonder what would happen if you put those two Miis in a room...

   Mood should be a very interesting one. The two traits are serious on the left and Light on the right. Dr. House Mii, for example, wouldn't be all the way serious but he wouldn't be all the way light either. I suppose somewhere in the middle for him. I wonder if a light Mii, that is very quick, with varied expressions and a ultra caring personality would be crazy or not. I will have to find out!

   The last category is Overall. What does overall mean? Just going by the name doesn't tell you anything. The two traits don't shed too much light on the matter either though. The trait on the left is Unique and the one on the right is Normal. I know at least one of my characters is going to be extremely UNIQUE. lol. I wonder what normal means though. I'm definitely not normal....

   The customization Mii program in this game is amazing. I can't wait to give all my Miis unique personalities and let them run rampant around the island!

     Ok, thats all for this time. Next time, I'll talk about what happens when you put a bunch of Miis on the island. Lets just say...well...do Mii's dream of being real boys and girls? I'm sure we'll find out for sure when we play the game! See you soon!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment