Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Tomodachi Life #1: THEY TALK!


Note: the following is based on what I know about Tomodachi Life and NOT on actual experiance with the game. Anything I get wrong in these blog entries is my fault and I'm sorry in advance

Tomodachi Life blog entry #1: THEY TALK!

      We've seen Nintendo uses Mii's before in other games like Wii Sports for Wii and Wii Sports Club for Wii U. Also streetpass for 3DS uses them. That said, we have never, ever, seen Mii's TALK. Tomodachi Life promises to do just that when it comes out on June 6th.

    When you start up Tomodachi Life, you either add a Mii from Mii Maker (or a QR code) or create a new Mii to be your "look-a-like" in the game. After you have that Mii, you give the Mii a voice & a personality. You can also add up to 100 Miis in all and give each of them a voice/personality! They'll all to live on an island where they have a very crazy life (I'll cover that life in another entry).

For this first blog entry, I'll focus on the voice part of the customization.

    The Voice, I should note, is NOT a realistic voice. Instead, its more robotic in nature. You can go with a random voice, a preset voice or customize the voice completely. I really like the look of the Voice customization! You can adjust the pitch, speed, quality, tone, accent, and intonation through some slide bars! These features may vary in uniqueness depending on the region of the real world you live in. For example, depending on where you live in the world, the games accents will different.

    In the U.K. Nintendo Direct, there were very British accents on display; for the American Direct, there was American accents! The whole voice feature is pretty amazing. Oh and there's one other cool thing I should mention about the voices...
 
   The voices can SING and...you can actually change the lyrics to a song & the voice will sing that song! Yes, the voice technology of Tomodachi can read words that you write out in the game! Pretty amazing eh? You can give the Mii's catchphrases too and it looks like they'll read them aloud also.

   There are so many unique aspects of Tomodachi Life and I plan to cover as many as possible. I'm sure I forgot or don't know about some of the voice features. If I find out anything else, I'll update this blog entry.

Thats all for now. Next time I'll discuss how you can customize the personality of the Mii's. Until then, why not watch that wacky Direct again?!

No comments:

Post a Comment