Monday, August 3, 2015

The Wii U Gamepad Is My Favorite Controller

Image result for wii u gamepad

I just got a Playstation 1 again recently. I enjoyed playing that system again but two things were missing: a screen on the controller and being able to sit where ever I wanted. I had to turn the TV on, take up the whole TV for an hour or two, and sit in front of the tv while playing the system. It was very uncomfortable. Its no wonder I don't play the Playstation much...

The Wii U, on the other hand, gets played constantly. I love being able to sit back in my chair and just turn that Wii U gamepad on whenever. We could be watching some show on TV and I think "man, what's on the internet" or "I'd like to play some game while I'm watching tv" and so I turn the gamepad on. Right in the palm of my hand is a large screen thats capable of playing games like Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker, Captain Toad, Darksiders, Smash Bros, Mario Kart, and more. There are plenty of Indie games that make use of the Wii U gamepad for Off-TV play too. And I fully admit that I'm addicted to the internet. I look at twitter a lot. Oh and I can't stop watching Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer videos. The Wii U gamepad is perfect for ALL OF THAT.

In fact, I'll just go ahead and say it: the Wii U gamepad is my favorite controller. I like it better than the Playstation, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U pro controller, and Xbox controllers. You may think " Hey, but its so bulky". Not to me. The Wii U gamepad fits well in my hands. I never want to let go of this controller. I doubt very much I'll ever get use to a controller without a screen again.

How do people play games only on their TV? Sure, all of the games look great and shiny on the big HD screens, but man, its so nice to being able to get sucked into a video game whenever I want to. The gamepad and the Wii U had so many great features. I love this system so much. I wish more people knew what a great system it is!

Ok, I'll done writing for today. I have to get back to my Wii U gamepad.

--------------------------------------------

The Wii U gamepad picture was taken from here.

I'll be back on Friday with an Indie game preview most likely.

No comments:

Post a Comment