Sunday, August 23, 2015

I Want to Make A Mario Level

Think of the possibilities - watch the video

My first Super Mario Bros game was the first Super Mario Bros on the NES. I was just a kid and I played the game a lot. Though, my favorite NES game was Super Mario Bros 3. Still love that game to this day. Perhaps my favorite of the NES/SNES was Super Mario World. Its hard for me to choose between Mario Bros 3 and Super Mario World though. Both games are great! Love the racoon suit and the cape!

So to have a game that has all three of my favorite Mario styles of play PLUS New Super Mario Bros. U coming to the Wii U in one game is just amazing to me. And I'll be able to make my own Mario levels! Wow.

Scene

I love the Mario VS Donkey Wii U editor, but Super Mario Maker takes things to the next level. The amount of tools you're provided with and different types of environments is impressive.

You won't have all the tools right away though. You have to unlock the tools slowly over the course of 10 days. I love that. I think its a great way of keeping you playing the game every day and slowly learning how to use the Mario maker. Nintendo, as always, is brilliant.

Games

I think its great that you can create whatever type of level you want. A lot of people will be creating crazy hard levels, but I've seen some very impressive simpler levels created by reviewers that have the game early. One of my favorites is by The Bit Block. He created a Donkey Kong level recently and it looks amazing.

wiiU

The best part of Super Mario Maker? The online sharing! After you create your level, you have to beat the course and then you can upload it to the internet. Then anybody can play your level. But wait. If you're not a creator, don't worry. If you just love playing Mario games and just want to play a bunch, this is the perfect game for you too. Super Mario Maker is going to have an insane amount of Mario levels. This is going to be the perfect game for fans of Mario. Make sure you have your Wii U connected to the internet. You are not going to want to miss the amounts of amazing Mario levels coming your way.

Need more proof about how awesome this game is going to be? Check out these videos:



I'm so excited for this game. I have no idea when I'll get to play it though. I hope I'll get it for Christmas. Thats a bit of a wait, but this game will be more than worth it!

---------------------------------------------------------

All of the above pictures were taken from the official Super Mario Maker website. And the videos are from Nintendo's youtube channel. All of the above is copyright Nintendo.

No comments:

Post a Comment