Thursday, December 4, 2014

Guardian of the Galaxy Video Game (I Wish)


Today, I thought I'd write about a pretend game instead of a real one.

I really loved the Guardians of the Galaxy movie from Marvel Studios. It was a funny and really fun movie. I can't wait to see it again on Blu-ray.

I bring this up because...I'd love a video game of Guardians. On the Wii U. I know this a complete fantasy because most third party developers have abandoned the Wii U. So most likely if there was a Guardians game, it would be on other platforms.

Sure, yes, the Guardians are in Disney Infinity and thats on the Wii U. You need to buy figures for that game though.

The Guardians also have a game on ioS. I don't even want to think more about that game...

What I'd love to see on Wii U would be a full, epic Guardians of the Galaxy game. I'm thinking Mass Effect meets the Marvel Universe. You would play as Star-Lord and have control of his ship. The game would be set in the same universe as the movie, but after the movie. It would be a side adventure for the group. The graphics would be on the level of Mass Effect or better. The gameplay wouldn't have to be similar to ME. It could be turn-based or it could just be straight out action. Personally, I'd love a turn-based Guardians game. A massive, universe spanning Guardians rpg for Wii U would be amazing.

I know what you're thinking. You're thinking "But Dan, usually movie based games SUCK."

And you are right. Usually these games suck. For a Guardians rpg to be great, it would have to have a great developer. In my dream world, that would be Bioware. There are plenty of other developers that could pull it off though (Retro for instance...)

Will Marvel ever do a game such as this? I doubt it. Marvel seems to, mostly, be doing games for ioS. Lego Marvel is an exception of course, but there have not been many console Marvel games lately. I really miss them. Guardians could be a really amazing game for Wii U. sigh.

Ok, enough day dreaming. Tomorrow, I'll be back with something else. Not sure what yet. I will be doing a SONIC BOOM Demo Impressions blog entry sometime this weekend. That reminds me...I have to go download that demo. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment