Monday, December 29, 2014

Blok Drop X Twisted Fusion First Impressions


Along with my two major Wii U downloads on Christmas Day, I also picked up Blok Drop X Twisted Fusion. I wrote a preview of this game before. I was looking forward to it a lot. Has it lived up to my expectations so far?

Here are my First Impressions
--------------------------------------------

Right away, I was impressed with the graphics. Blok Drop U was a pretty simple game graphics wise. Blok Drop X Twisted Fusion, on the other hand, is really well animated. The graphics are very nice.

Gameplay wise, the game is similar to Blok Drop U in some ways, different in others. You still have to get rid of blocks to complete the levels, but there are some interesting new additions too. The enemies and the new nice looking environments are great additions. I'm kind of iffy on the new creature you have to save instead of a block. It does make sense that it would be a creature rather than a block, but man, it so annoying how that little guy will walk just a tiny bit more and fall off into the void. Of course, I guess thats part of the challenge. Can you safely get that guy to stay on the ground?  It is a bit annoying though...

Blok Drop X Twisted Fusion is a harder game than Blok Drop U. The challenges are tricker (not just because of the new creature you have to save). I admit I haven't gotten very far is this game yet. This is just a first impression of the game and not a review. If I ever get a lot further into the game, I'll do a review.

That said, Blok Drop X Twisted Fusion offers a challenging puzzle game, with wonderful graphics and a low budget price. Its is worth buying from the eshop. But then again, most @rcmadiax games are worth buying from the eshop!

(as an aside: this game also makes me very interested to see what Twisted Fusion is like)

What I am trying to say here? BUY THIS GAME. Especially if you like puzzle games with a bit of challenge. Ok, I said this wasn't a review. Its not. I'll be even more critical of this game later on. Maybe. If I can ever get past some of these hard levels....

----------------------------------------------------------

Tomorrow I'll talk about another game I got for Christmas: Might & Might: Clash of Heroes for the DS. It won't be a review or preview of the game. I'll just talk about why I like it. See you then!


No comments:

Post a Comment