Saturday, September 27, 2014

My All-Time Favorite Game


I love the Animal Crossing series of games.

It was back during the Gamecube era when an online friend told me about the series. I thought it sounded interesting. I remember my dad wasn't so sure, but we had the money so he said I could get it. I got the game at K-Mart. They had a special deal where you got the game AND the strategy guide too! We got the home, popped into the Gamecube and I was hooked right away. My dad watched me play the game. He thought it was interesting. I told him he should create a character too. He resisted for awhile but eventually gave in and created his own character. He was hooked.

Flash forward to when New Leaf for 3DS came out, dad, mom, and I all bought a copy of the game. Mom had gotten hooked on Wild World and then City Folk. Dad and me had been hooked since the Gamecube and played every version since.We all love the Animal Crossing games. Why? Let me tell you:

For those who don't know, Animal Crossing is a sim.  You choose to be a boy or girl and then arrive in a town....a town full of animals. The animals talk and they are your neighbors. There are year round events in the town and the game uses a day/night time cycle (going by your real time zone). You can fish, do favors for the animals, catch bugs, fix up your house, and more. There is no goal for Animal Crossing. You make your own adventure. You create the town the way you want. Its a very relaxing game. The animals have goofy, sometimes funny dialogue. You never know what to expect in Animal Crossing. There are so many surprises. Nintendo has created an amazing, really fun series with Crossing.

And New Leaf added a new element to the series: you are now the mayor of the town. You can now add things like benches, street lamps, and other cool stuff to your town. You can also invite animals to move to your town now via a campsite (or from a friends town if that animal is moving). You can only have a certain number of animals, so you have to have room for a new animal of course. Still, a very welcome new feature.

In fact, New Leaf has a lot of new features. A brand new mall area to shop in, an island to visit, more interaction with your neighbors, etc.

Also like Wild World and City Folk before it, New Leaf as online multiplayer (and local too). Its a lot of fun to visit with far away friends. We have a lot of fun playing locally too.

New Leaf is the very best Animal Crossing game. I highly recommend it, not just for sim fans but to people who just want a fun, relaxing game to play.

Animal Crossing is my all-time favorite series & New Leaf, currently is my all-time favorite game.

Well...till the next Animal Crossing gets out (hopefully for Wii U). That said, I'm not in any rush for the next one. I'm still enjoying the heck out of New Leaf.

No comments:

Post a Comment