Wednesday, September 24, 2014

A Game in Progress


Thank goodness for the Wii U's auto download feature.

It seems like every month or more (sometimes), one game or another is getting patched. Plus there's Nintendo's occasional SYSTEM updates. I wonder how many hours of our life we would have to spend manually updating all these games (and systems if you have more than one or two or three).

The age of patching has been a upon us for awhile now. With patching, bugs that were missed in the testing phase of games can be fixed, new content can be added for free (or a store can be added for paid dlc), and more.

I like that developers patch games. It might not sound like it, but I really do. I think its great that publishers can fix any bugs they missed and if they have the resources, they can add new (sometimes free) content to the game.

Which brings me to the developer and game I want to talk about today.

The game is called ZaciSa's Last Stand and its developed by @ZeNfaGames. Its a 2D tower defense game set in space (only available on Wii U eshop). Graphics wise its very simple: circles are your robots that defend your bases and little triangles (enemy ships) attack them. You have to figure out where to place the robots (and how many to place with the money that you get from destroying ships) and you want to take out as many of the triangles flying at you as you can.

Its a very strategic and interesting game. How long can you last till the bad guys get you? You have different types of robots to use. There are also some different maps you can play on.

In fact, through an update recently, some more maps were added to the game. Some of the games features were tweaked too.

The developer isn't done yet either. On Twitter today, I saw him asking people what they thought would be a better name for the game. Also the developer is working on a playable demo for people to try out the game. I'm not sure if there will be anymore maps or patches but I would not doubt it.

ZaciSa's Last Stand is a game in progress. Its a very unique 2000s way of developing a game. I'm not saying its a bad thing. As I said earlier, I support patching. I think its a good thing.

I do wonder what the game will look like when the developer is done though. Should be very interesting to see.

ZaciSa's Last Stand is on the Wii Eshop right now for $1.99. I got my copy for free but I think $1.99 is a great price for this game. And I think once the developer is completely done with the game it'll be worth even more than that.

I love the Wii U eshop. So many cool, unique, fun games.

No comments:

Post a Comment